Michele G. Kunz, MSN, ANP, RN, NPD-BC
View my profile on LinkedIn
• Critical Care Nursing Educator at Mercy Medical Center, Rockville Centre, NY.
• Involved in nursing and critical care since 1975.
• Registered Nurse since 1978.
• Nursing teacher since 1984.
• AHA Certified Instructor since 1984.
• In nursing management since 1987.
• Adult Nurse Practitioner since 1996.
• Masters Degree in Nursing since 1996.
• Former Assistant Clinical Professor of Nursing at Long Island University.
• Published author and conference speaker.
• Personally trained many RNs, MDs, PAs, DOs, NPs, and DDSs in New York City, Westchester, and Long Island.
• Offers AHA-approved classes in her classroom, in your office, or hospital unit.
• Teaches the medical staff at over 700 NYC and LI medical offices, surgicenters, dental offices, and hospitals.
• Also certifies the students and teaching staff at several medical, nursing, and PA colleges and universities.
Kunz is an AHA Certified Instructor and specializes in providing AHA Certification classes in ACLS, BLS, and PALS. She is also a certified six-sigma green belt (CSSGB). And also licensed in NY as an RN and as an ANP.
Kunz has been a clinical nursing educator for over 30 years. During those years, she has helped many thousands of nurses improve their job performance and increase job satisfaction. Kunz considers herself to be a nurse’s nurse because she is not hidden away in a classroom or office but out on the floor every day – interacting with hospital management, the nurses, the patients, and the physicians.
For many years, Kunz was the Director of Nursing Education and Informatics at Long Island College Hospital in Brooklyn, NY. She was in the LICH Nursing Education Department for 25 years. She also developed the desire to teach nurses over 34 years ago when she was an ICU nurse at Staten Island University Hospital. At SIUH, Kunz realized that she could learn how to be a better nurse by teaching the other nurses. Kunz hasn’t stopped teaching since then.
Kunz is also the Director of Medical Training at Dickson Keanaghan, LLC, a company that she helped create, where she trains and certifies the medical staff at over 700 hospitals, medical offices, and surgicenters throughout Long Island, New York City, and Westchester.
Joseph C. Kunz, Jr.
View my profile on LindedIn
Kunz has developed and led the company’s diverse revenue streams, which tap into print and electronic media that reach consumers in retail stores and campus bookstores throughout the world, and on their computer, mobile phone, television, and every other consumer electronic device.
Creator of Dickson Keanaghan’s flagship product, the best-selling Zombie Notes Study Charts. These study charts are used by hospitals, colleges, RNs, NPs, PAs, DOs, and MDs throughout America. Kunz and his wife Michele have produced these study charts since 1984. They have become the most sought-after and trusted study charts of their type.
Many of them have consistently been the top seller in several different categories on Amazon. The Zombie Notes Study Charts are distributed throughout America and to every country where English is spoken.
In 2008 they published their first nursing book. It was an annotated nursing-student-friendly edition of Florence Nightingale’s Notes on Nursing. It became ‘required reading’ in its first year and was also put on the ‘recommended reading list’ of several university and college nursing programs throughout the USA and Canada.
My nursing professor Cathy Jansen at Nassau Community College recommended taking Michele’s class for ACLS. Professor Jansen has previously taken Michele’s ACLS class. I enjoyed Michele’s YouTube videos tremendously. And her Zombie Notes Study Charts were also a great way to comprehend the study material beforehand.
As a student nurse, I have a great interest in critical care, which is Michele’s specialty. Michele is phenomenal. Her class was broken up between the lecture, the video, the written test, and the hands-on exam.
Jessica Joseph, nursing student
Nassau Community College
Garden City, NY